daily preciousness

Tuesday, November 26, 2002

I fought the law...

I got lost in Clarendon Sunday on my way to Georgetown. I took a wrong turn and wound up going the WRONG WAY on a one-way street! The police officer who pulled me over was shockingly nice, though. I was expecting a DWI check (I was sober at the time, though maybe a little drowsy.)

She gave me really good directions and made sure that no oncoming traffic hit me as I did a U-turn and went on my merry (embarrassed) way.

Even though that pig was a woman, she was sort of okay, you know?

She didn't phone in my license or check my registration or insurance or anything like that. Maybe she was on her way to get some donuts and she couldn't be bothered. I don't know. All I do know is that I need to be more careful on the twisted rabbit warren of streets that is Northern Virginia. That and IFTLATLW.

That's cool inter-web speak for "I fought the law and the law won," even though I'm not sure if that really applies here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home