daily preciousness

Monday, January 29, 2001

karaoke rewrite

Going to Karaoke Thursday. I spent the weekend preparing. I have been practicing a Frank Sinatra classic. But I've reworked it a little for a modern audience.

Variations on "Strangers in the Night"

Writer(s): Kaempfert/Singleton/Snyder & Brady

Strangers in the night exchanging glances

Wond'ring in the night

What were the chances we'd be sharing bodily fluids

Before the night was through?

Something in your pants was so inviting,

Something in your pants was so exciting,

Something in my pants,

Told me I must have you.

Strangers in the night, two lonely,

lonely, lonely people in the night

Up to the moment

When we said our first hello.

Little did we know

Sex was just a glance away,

A warm embracing grope away and -

Ever since that night I've never seen you.

Lovers for a night, in love for an hour or two?

It turned out -- well alright,

For strangers in the night.

(spoken)

And later, after a few hours of hot,

sweaty monkey love, we

acted out the roles from one of my

favorite Gilligan's Island episodes.

You played the professor and I

played MaryAnne. You had invented a

two-way radio from coconuts and seaweed.

Do you remember?

Then, after we toweled off, we watched

the Cartoon Network.

And do you remember what we saw?

We saw Scooby-dooby-doo...

And you put your arms around me and

told me your name. But I wasn't really

listening because we were at the part

where the bad guy says, "And I would've

gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been

for you meddling kids!" Well, that's my favorite

part. So I forgot your name. Sorry. My bad.

But, If you'd like to get together again

sometime, just come over and have a word

with me. I'll be sitting over in this area of

the bar. Thanks for your time.

I apologize for slaughtering a Sinatra

classic. I accept bribes to NOT sing again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home