daily preciousness

Monday, August 02, 2004

wtf?

I just happened to go to my old site this morning. What is this "HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE" message all about? I checked the code, found it there, erased it and then it popped up again. I can't get rid of it.

It's like Geocites is hacked, but I couldn't find any other geocities site with that weird message.

I Googled "module core hemorrhage" to find out wtf it was and found another site: www.ilovebees.com that has the same thing. Turns out that site is owned by some old bee-keeping grandmother in CA. Same thing happened to her. It's the exact same message:

HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE

Control has been yielded to the
SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX.

This medium is classified, and has a
STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION.

PHASE 1 COMPLETE: Network throttling has eroded.

This medium will soon metastasize. Make your decisions accordingly.




The more I read it, the more ominous that sounds: "Make your decisions accordingly?" WTF does that mean?

Turns out the old lady who owns the site has a granddaughter who started a blog to figure out what is going on with it.

What is the dealio? And why are only two sites affected -- ilovebees and mine??

Strange.

I'm going to e-mail Dana, the granddaughter who runs the blog, to if she can tell me what's going on!


And I'm going to tell her to stop sticking
her tongue out at her audience. It's undignified.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home