daily preciousness

Friday, January 11, 2002

first week

Hmmm. Need to clear some things up with Steven. I'm afraid that my previous entry might've miffed him.

Still need Steven in my life. Still have to know that we have a bond. Still need to feel something there with him, so I can't have him pissed off at me. He was visiting with his cousin, not a friend, from out of town. Didn't mean to mislead.

Difficult and grey days. Partly cloudy this weekend.

Studied the art of the Etruscans and the Greeks today, while doing some weeding. I'd have to say that I still prefer ancient Asian to ancient Western art. Except for Egypt. Their two-dimensional totally flattened plane style is still a hit today. Got to love that.

Highlight to my day: Explaining how Greek myths were just that, *myths*. But I told the cheerful, cherub-faced little 12-year-old girl, "But they're such great stories that we read them even today." She just smiled and held her hands out.

Moments like that make me glad to be doing this job.

This is the end of my first week. All indications point to a great job with friendly people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home