daily preciousness

Tuesday, April 16, 2002

le galois

Hey.

No, I haven't forgotten you, daily preciousness. Neglected you, maybe, but I know that I will stop that habit.

Last night, I went to Le Galois, the little French cafe on King Street. I had a glass of wine with my spinach and mushroom quiche savoyarde. It was excellent. The little patio was bright with elegant lighting. The water boy even brought a little gas lantern to my table. It was the first warm summer-like weather that I've experienced in Alexandria. I wore my sandals and my short sleeve shirt. (I was annoyed when I realized that I didn't have a single pair of shorts, outside of my running shorts.)

But it was a great evening for writing. I popped open my wonderful new iBook, which I've named "Jblend Central." (It's short for "Jblend Central Processing Unit.")

I ordered my meal and began writing about Emily's visit.

Sadly, I only got through a few short paragraphs before the food came. Who knew that the kitchen of this adorable little eatery would be so efficient? I suppose they only had to reheat the quiche, so it's the quickest menu item I could've chosen. Well, it was exactly what I was in the mood for, so that's okay.

At least I got a little writing done.

By 8:30, I had to leave to walk home. Kevin came by to talk. I ambled into the house and Mitchell directed me upstairs. I found Kevin sitting in my room with the lights off. That could've been creepy had I not been expecting him. But it was good to see him. We had a long talk and I think he's feeling better about things. It's hard to imagine such a great guy could have such low self-confidence. We'll have to work on that for him.

He stayed until midnight or so, when we both decided it was time to go to sleep.

This morning, I slept late -- 8 o'clock! I only had 30 minutes to get ready and eat before work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home