daily preciousness

Tuesday, March 05, 2002

fire starter

I run towards the little old lady. She's about 10 feet from the front door of the library.

"Ma'am, there's a fire in the building!" I yell at her, as I hold her back from returning her books. "Please don't go in there," I tell her, motioning towards the firemen who are going inside. "We have smoke in the building. It's not safe to go inside," I explain.

The firemen are storming into the building, dressed in their big jackets and hats. They're carrying fire axes and heat-sensing video cameras. The ladder truck has deposited two firemen on the roof. The alarms are blaring, in and out of the building, and this woman wants to stroll on in to find a Harlequin Romance!

My supervisor was going to stop her, but I volunteered to do it, just so I could say that I pulled her out of a burning building. And you know what? I would do it again.

That's just the kind of guy I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home