daily preciousness

Saturday, November 06, 2004

drunk poster



I've never done this, but I'm gonna drunk-post tonight. (You know; you've heard of drunk-dialing. This is the net equivalent of that...) After 5 drinks, I'm just going to let it all out.

If I've officially become the next group of people to be forced to wear pink triangles on my shoulder, I'm going to let out one last scream before the storm troopers arrive.

Yeah, yeah... You know what I mean; it's the next logical step in the Culture War. I'm THE ENEMY and it makes since that I'm going to lose a few more of my rights before the Right is satisfied. Yes, I'm a living, breathing example of why you need a theocracy. After all, God hates fags. Everybody knows that. So why not just take a few of their special rights away? I mean, the fags don't need to own guns. (Like they're going to hunt!) And their very existence sealed the election, so let's just yank a few more rights from them. Like their right to form legally recognized unions, for example. I mean, it's not like they're real citizens or anything!

Tonight, the air of Washington, D.C. is cool and breezy. It puts me in the mind of a my time in Ireland when the nights would be crisp and cool. Not coincidentally, Tower (a.k.a. Will) and I just had a pair of a drink by that very same name.

Tower and I spent a great afternoon playing video games, sipping on screwdrivers and visiting with friendly folks at the Washington Post Inside Source social event to celebrate the new video game, Halo II.

It was a blast. I even came in #2 in a multi-player version of King of the Hill. (I thought it was going to be an homage to the cartoon; apparently it was just a reference to the Lord of the Flies!)

But you know what? Todd and I are busy planning a trip to Toronto (he wants to get a job there) so he can visit with his pal Michelle. So I have to go. Please excuse me.

Hugs and kisses,
J

2 Comments:

  • hey, just wanted to respond. not so much to the drunk posting (behavior i do not approve of, by the by.. *ahem*) but to the journal at whole. i just happened to notice you had moved to this current url because i was flipping through stuff and decided to look at your journal to see if you'd updated.. anyways, conrad noticed "librarian article" was the title of one of your diaryland entries and insisted we read. at the very top was the direction to this blogger. glad to have found it because your musings (and intricately woven sight and sound slideshows) are a delight as well as informative. i'm way down about the election too, as you might imagine. i've been hitting the bong pretty hard. i am so impressed that you took the initiative to go to florida and volunteer your time for the greater good. you fight the good fight like no one else i've known and i love you for it. keep being the good person you are and i hope to see you again in our lifetime... probably in canada. conrad's monitoring job postings. he's fluent in french so our foot is in the door, eh? oh, me and conrad have been together over two years now. check that shizzle out. ;) thinking about you in the periphery. gavs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 09, 2004 11:05 PM  

  • btw, my livejournal is http://www.livejournal.com/users/varla ..plenty of sober and drunk posting goin on over there... gavs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 16, 2004 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home